St. Theresa’s Church, Selas

Brief History :
theresas_churchSelas was a sub-station of St. Antony’s Parish, Coonoor till 1948. It was in 1948 that Selas became a separate parish with Fr. Reynaud de Prigny as its first parish priest. Until 1955 the sacristy of the church was used by the parish priest as his residence. It was in 1955 that a rectory was constructed by Fr. A. Stanislaus. He also started a primary school in 1956 which was raised to a middle school in 1959 and acquired recognition as a High School in 1964. In 1963 the Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny opened a dispensary and took up educational ministry in Selas.

Address : St. Theresa’s Church,
Selas,
Katary P.O. – 643 213,
The Nilgiris
Telephone : 0423 – 2284646
Established : 1948
Catholics : 1260
Religious : Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny
Educational : 1. Little Flower High School
2. Little Flower Primary School
Social : Needle Work Centre
Medical : Cluny Convent Dispensary

Sub Stations

Non-Such Estate , Hulikal

nonsuch hylikal
Non-Such Estate Hulikal