St. Francis Xavier

francis-pandalurBrief History : Pandalur is five miles to the west of Devala which enjoys a beautiful landscape. It was a substation of Gudalur parish. The place is surrounded by tea plantations. There was a gold mine here and people were mostly employed in this gold mine and tea estates. In 1951 it was made a separate parish with Fr. Kunnath as its first parish priest. During the time of Fr. Thomas Maniangat as parish priest a beautiful church was built and the blessing and consecration of the church took place on 15th January 1998 by His Excellency Most Rev. Dr. Antony.

Address : St. Francis Xavier’s Church,
Pandalur P.O., – 643 233,
The Nilgiris.
Telephone : 04262- 220311
Established : 1950
Catholics : 1178
Religious : Sisters of Charity of SS. Bartholomea Capitanio and Vincent Gerosa
Educational : 1. St. Francis Xavier’s Girl’s High School
2. St. Francis Xavier’s Primary School
Charitable : St. Francis Xavier’s Orphanage

Sub Stations

Marappalam, Nadugani, Devala Hutti, Puliampara