St. Antony church, Shollurmattam

antonys-shollurmattam Brief History : Shollurmattam was part of St. Mary’s Parish, Kotagiri. It became an independent parish on 3rd June, 1963. Fr. Angelo Devadoss, O.F.M., was its first parish priest. The present church was built by Rev. Fr. Nouet and blessed by Bishop Padiyara on 13th June, 1966. For some time, this parish was under the care of the Salesians of Don Bosco. The bell-tower and the parish hall were put up by Fr. N. A. Joseph, S.D.B. He also built a Church at Kilmelfort slots online spielen Estate, a sub-station of Sholurmattam. It was blessed on 24th May, 1970. Since the parish church was in a very bad state it was renovated by Fr. T.J. Joseph and the blessing of the renovated church took place on 15th January, 2001 by His Excellency Most Rev. Dr. Antony Anandarayar.

Address : St. Antony’s Church,
Sholurmattam,
Kil-Kotagiri – 643 216,
The Nilgiris.
Telephone : 04266 – 276122
Established : 1963
Catholics : 1000
Religious : Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Educational : St. Antony’s English Medium School
Medical : St. Antony’s Dispensary

Sub Stations

Kilmelfort, Karakodumattam
karakodumattam