Brief History : by mountains is the beautiful valley called Ketti inhabited by the tribes called Badagas. The missionaries started a missionary venture in this village in 1914. Fr. Gudin volunteered to work among the Badagas, and he was followed by Fr Foubert in 1916, and it was during his time in 1922 that Ketti was raised to the status of a parish. Fr. Tignous opened several schools in various Badaga villages and published a catechism in Badaga. Fr. E. Perie built the church and dedicated it to St. Michael, the Archangel. After strenuous efforts the missionaries converted the village casino online polska head man. In the year 1929 His Excellency Rt. Rev. Dr. Savarimuthu former Bishop of Coimbatore, was the parish priest of Ketti. The great M.E.P. missionary Rev. Fr. Laborde’s evangelical, pastoral and social ministry has been very instrumental in sustaining the faith of the people.
Home » Coonoor Vicariate